We’re back with more geekery for today!
Warner Bros. Interactive announced the details on the North American edition of the Batman: Arkham Origins Collectors’ Edition. And folks, this thing is huge- with collectables both tangible and virtual for both PS3 and X-Box 360.
Here’s a sample of what you can expect in the box:
The Batman: Arkham Origins Collectors’ Edition will include the following extensive bonus content:
· Exclusive Arkham Origins highly detailed premium statue featuring LED effects produced by TriForce
· Height: 9″
· Depth: 11.5″
· Width: 13″
· 80-page, full-color hardcover art book measuring approx. 7.5” x 10.75” x .5”
· 2 key pieces of evidence taken directly from the Gotham City Police Department crime lab
· Batman Wanted Poster
· Batwing Prototype Schematic
· Anarky logo stencil
· Glow-In-The-Dark map of Gotham City
· Wayne Family Photo
· Assassin’s Intel Dossier, including files on the 8 assassins, as well as Black Mask’s contract
· 1st Appearance Batman Skin: Look just like Batman did during his first appearance in Detective Comics #27, released in 1939.
· Deathstroke Challenge Pack – Unlock the ability to play as one of the world’s deadliest assassins! Usable throughout all the Arkham Origins Challenge maps. Also includes two bonus challenge maps and two bonus Deathstroke Skins.
· Bonus (not available in Australia / New Zealand): Necessary Evil: Super-Villains of DC Comics– This new feature-length documentary from Warner Bros Home Entertainment focuses on DC Comics’ most terrifying villains. Legendary actor Christopher Lee narrates the film.
· The PS3 edition will also include the Knightfall pack as an exclusive piece of content
This Collector’s edition will set you back $119.99, and is available now.
Last night, (Monday 8/13/12) saw the premiere of Syfy’s new reality show “Heroes of Cosplay” featuring several prominent members of the cosplay community. Reviews of the show in general have been mixed, with critics and fans on both sides of the “is it good/is it bad for cosplayers” argument.
However, one group has landed on the far side of the “it’s bad” category. Going so far as to set up an online petition on Change.org to have the show changed or simply yanked from the air.
The petition itself is credited only to “Cosplayers” but as of this writing has 391 supporters. Time will tell how many more may sign on- but as we all know, very few online petitions go anywhere. Best vote with your remotes, folks.
This next item came across our desk, and we just had to share. From Denmark, here’s the trailer for “Antboy“: